[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Fri Jul 12 09:02:04 UTC 2019

12 Jul 2019, 10:11 by 61sundowner at gmail.com:

> On 12/07/19 17:25, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>

>> sent from a phone
>>
>>> On 12. Jul 2019, at 09:12, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Why would a private garden require a different key? Do we tag a
>>> private wood / forest in a different way than one that is accessible
>>> by the public? Do private parking lots get a different amenity-key ?
>>> No, we refine this with additional tags.
>>> This method can be applied to private gardens as well.
>>>

>> For some features we do distinguish, for others not. For example a private bathroom, trash can or water tap would not be tagged like a publicly accessible one (we put generally more focus on usability/accessibility than on ownership).
>>

> Where are these private bathroom/s, trash can/s and water tap/s you mention Martin?

Public toilet: amenity=toilets
Private toilet: not tagged (so not tagged
like a public one)

I am unable to link to well tagged private
toilets as in this case private tagging
is to not map it.

There are some public toilets with restricted use
 (for example toilets at university campus for use by students and faculty,
tagged access=customers).