[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jul 13 23:18:34 UTC 2019

On 14/07/19 04:44, Florian Lohoff wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 13, 2019 at 10:17:18AM +1000, Warin wrote:
>> Some private gardens that front the street are publicly visible, I see
>> no reason not to map them.
>>
>> The 'usability' in this instance is visible and, sometimes,scents.
> The same reason i do not map my kitchen sink as a
> natural=water/water=pond
>
> Its not for the public leisure.

As a member of the public I see some private gardens as pleasurable - without going inside them but viewing them from outside.

So they form part of my 'leisure'.

Here local councils require a 'set back' from the road to any buildings, this area is 'used' to provide a 'street scape' that the public can see, if not access.

Usually a household sink cannot be seen from the street so is of no/little interest to the public.