[Tagging] leisure=garden for private front/back gardens

Pee Wee piewie32 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 14 06:48:55 UTC 2019

Op vr 12 jul. 2019 om 09:13 schreef Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com>:

> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 8:50 AM Pee Wee <piewie32 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Why would a private garden require a different key? Do we tag a
> private wood / forest in a different way than one that is accessible
> by the public? Do private parking lots get a different amenity-key ?
> No, we refine this with additional tags.
> This method can be applied to private gardens as well.

That is a good question. I would agree with you if the k/v would be e.g.
natural=garden. This describes what it is and not what it is used for.
Leisure=garden does not only describe what it is (garden) but also what it
is used for (leisure). If I look at all the other leisure values they give
me the impression that they are meant for places one can go to recreate and
mainly publicly accessible. One could argue that you can also recreate in
your own garden but still these private gardens are a dissonant from all
the other leisure values.

Cheers
Peter