[Tagging] Reviewing wiki pages - Tag:landcover=greenery, Tag:waterway=sluice gate, Tag:landcover=water, Tag:landcover=shrubs, Tag:landcover=sand, Tag:waterway=slReviewing wiki pages - Tag:landcover=water, Tag:landcover=shrubs, Tag:landcover=greenery, Tag:landcover=sand, Natural landscape, Exceptional trafficuice gate, Natural landscape, Exceptional traffic

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 13:05:47 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 2:30 PM Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:

> I recently edited some of this pages (primarily mentioning that competing tags
> are used 50 to 50 000 times more often).
>
> I would welcome review of this pages (and edits where necessary).
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:landcover%3Dgreenery

This one was created after a discussion on the Dutch forum. The
problem is that there is no tag to add areas with a mixture of plants.
landuse=village_green is often misused for that.
It's a very long discussion over many years, but the idea for
landcover=greenery came up around here :
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=755300#p755300

> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Dsluice_gate

The person that added this page, is not happy with
waterway=flow_control; flow_control=sluice_gate
(discussion on Belgian Forum:
https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66728 )

Both threads are in Dutch, but I hope this info gives you an idea on
the reason for the pages.

regards

m.