[Tagging] Reviewing wiki pages - Tag:landcover=greenery, Tag:waterway=sluice gate, Tag:landcover=water, Tag:landcover=shrubs, Tag:landcover=sand, Tag:waterway=slReviewing wiki pages - Tag:landcover=water, Tag:landcover=shrubs, Tag:landcover=greenery, Tag:landcover=sand, Natural landscape, Exceptional trafficuice gate, Natural landscape, Exceptional traffic

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 18:21:32 UTC 2019

Hi

Le mer. 17 juil. 2019 à 15:07, Marc Gemis <marc.gemis at gmail.com> a écrit :

> > https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:waterway%3Dsluice_gate
>
> The person that added this page, is not happy with
> waterway=flow_control; flow_control=sluice_gate
> (discussion on Belgian Forum:
> https://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?id=66728 )

I'm sorry I can't be part of Ducth discussions.
Both waterway=flow_control + flow_control=sluice_gate and
waterway=sluice_gate aren't properly described on wiki and used
respectively about 500 and 250 times each.
A proposal remains about the first
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/sluice_gate

As a reviewed key valve=gate exists, I'd be in favor of a third possibility
: waterway=valve + valve=gate
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:valve%3Dgate (I know one of the
examples involves a sluice gate and described as pipeline=valve).
This would be consistent with pipeline=valve (equivalent of flow control
device) + valve=gate.
waterway=valve would be designed for every situation where pipeline=valve
isn't suitable (i.e when the duct isn't a pipeline, for free flow canals,
tunnels and so on...)

All the best

François