[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - health_amenity:type

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:24:51 UTC 2019

> Am Fr., 26. Juli 2019 um 10:17 Uhr schrieb Simon Poole <simon at poole.ch
> <mailto:simon at poole.ch>>:
>
>     PS: waiting for the first posts requiring that the absence of
>     equipment is taggable.
>

> well spotted, there clearly is a gap, as we can tag the absence of
> professionals, e.g. capacity:doctors=0 (not in use, but would be a
> standard way) or staff_count:doctors=0 or doctors_num=0 (both keys
> have several hundred uses, and for doctors_num 0 and 00 are half of
> all used values, while for staff_count:doctors the values 0 and 0.0
> are even accounting for two thirds of all values (65%), so this
> actually IS of concern to mappers.

Usually with "health services" the problem is that their is an
indication of something, where there is no usable presence.

Usually the equipment is either broken down or there is no trained
operator .. so tag it disused:healthcare:equipment=MRI

Sometimes the politicians promise it, tag that as
proposed:healthcare:equipment=MRI, start_date 2132

Similar tagging can be used for the hospitals themselves.

I know of one local hospital that I would refuse to go to, and the
ambulances also try to go elsewhere for their patients safety!
Another more distant hospital where the registrar took a few hours on a
plane flight to have his broken leg attended to at another hospital. Of
course he did not tell the air crew, it was a normal commercial flight.