[Tagging] [Indoor] is indoor=level walled ?

PanierAvide panieravide at riseup.net
Fri Jul 26 11:11:58 UTC 2019

Thanks for your two answers.

Le 26/07/2019 à 13:02, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> are they “indoor” if there is no wall? What makes them be inside rather than outside?
>
> Are covered open spaces inside or outside? I would tend to “outside”
> as the climate will be similar to the climate around the structure, rather than comparable to the room climate of a completely enclosed space.

They are still indoors (at least conceptually) because the building
footprint is still there. Having ground floor unwalled doesn't mean that
upper levels can't have wall. So, in that case, you suggest that
building for example start at level 1 (with min_level=1) and everything
on ground floor is outside ? Then, how can I map for example a very
small room on this area ? Still with indoor=room, even if technically
not inside a building ?

I like the suggestion of Tobias to add wall=no on indoor=level, it seems
to break less thing and make explicit the exception of one particular
level being unwalled.

Best regards,

Adrien.