[Tagging] [Indoor] is indoor=level walled ?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 11:15:23 UTC 2019

> sent from a phone
>
>> On 26. Jul 2019, at 12:14, Tobias Knerr <osm at tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
>>
>> Therefore, my suggestion would be to include a tag like wall=no on your
>> indoor=level polygon for these unwalled levels.
>
> are they “indoor” if there is no wall? What makes them be inside rather than outside?
>
> Are covered open spaces inside or outside? I would tend to “outside”
> as the climate will be similar to the climate around the structure, rather than comparable to the room climate of a completely enclosed space.

I thinking of a building where the lower levels are used for parking vehicles while the upper levels have shops and/or residences. .
The parking levels usually have no walls to provide ventilation (and it is cheaper), they usually have a barrier to stop people and cars going over the edge but not a full heigh wall. So they are partially enclosed and partially open.

They provide economic shelter from the weather (rain/sun).

I would not describe them as being 'walled' nor 'outside'.