[Tagging] Tagging of State Parks in the US

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 21:44:51 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

On 28. Jul 2019, at 22:23, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:

>> For specific kind of sites (e.g. protected under a specific international treaty) we could have specific tags to identify them if desired, e.g. protection_context=natura2000
>> or
>> protection_context=state_park
>> (not sure the latter would be adding information if there was already an admin_level=4 tag)
>
> Already there - the 'protection_title' tag; plus, as you note,
> 'related_law'.It's pretty useless for rendering, though; there are too
> many administrative jurisdictions with too many detailed differences
> in their local laws.

this is not the same as protection title. It would make sense for cases like natura2000, i.e. protected sites that are also listed in the natura 2000 network.
https://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/natura2000/

related_law is ok for all sites designated by law, while it might also be seen to extend to international treaties, it would probably not be suitable to tie together networks of sites that are controlled by non-governmental actors.

Cheers Martin