[Tagging] Tagging of State Parks in the US

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:20:44 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 29. Jul 2019, at 01:17, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> admin_level isn't *wrong*, it just doesn't help. With or without
> admin_level, there's no IUCN-defined protect_class that fits.

I didn’t know we were bound to IUCN classes. IMHO we can have our own system, while it should ideally allow to distinguish all the IUCN classes, it doesn’t mean we cannot have more qualifiers, if they seem useful.

For the Italian situation, a distinction for many protected areas by national, regional (al 4), provincial (al 6) and municipal (al 8) seems to make a lot of sense. If it doesn’t apply (e.g. not a protected area by the competent government), don’t put admin_level.

Cheers Martin