[Tagging] Connectivity relations - approved

Leif Rasmussen 354lbr at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 10:26:44 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago, the new relation type "connectivity' was approved.  I've
updated the proposal, created a new page
https://wiki.osm.org/Relation:connectivity , and updated relavent wiki
pages to mention connectivity relations.

Connectivity relations are a new relation type of relation that can be used
to specify the lane connectivity between two ways when it's not already
specified by placement=* or lane tags.  They will allow mappers to clarify
the majority of situations where lane connectivity couldn't previously be
specified, and will allow for a whole new level of lane detail to be added
to osm.  They may also make change:lanes more useful in places where it's
added, since data consumers will be able to tell how the lane dividers
connect between ways.

Thanks to everyone that voted or helped improve the proposal!

Leif Rasmussen

***

Sorry about the late email, but I've been traveling through Europe and have
had much less time to work on the proposal than I usually would.