[Tagging] lanes = 0

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 19:38:18 UTC 2019

On Tue, 30 Jul 2019 at 20:27, Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org> wrote:

Maybe quit fighting against a good idea just because it's hard?

I'm not fighting against a good idea.  I agree that the current situation
is broken.  But I've
been on this list long enough to understand that there are problems in
changing the
status quo.

OSM is anarchic in nature.  In many ways, that is a good thing.  But it's
not conducive to
joined-up thinking.

And since when have we ever been against incremental improvement over none
> at all except for this specific thing?

I'm not against fixing the lanes problem.  I've supported similar changes
in the past.
And seen what happened to them.  The best I hope for these days is that
somebody will
figure out a way of getting a good idea implemented instead of running up
against the
same old obstacles.

Redefining lanes has no chance.  A replacement tag might have.  But you go
ahead and
try to redefine lanes, if you wish.  Good luck with that.

--
Paul