[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?
dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 12:35:37 UTC 2019
sent from a phone
> On 31. Jul 2019, at 10:50, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
> when should a new value should be added to the wiki page "Map Features".
only after it has become generally established :)
while none of these conditions are maybe absolute hard requirements, IMHO most of them should be fulfilled:
- is used in significant numbers by many different people
- has presets in different applications
- is used by at least one “important” data user (e.g. OpenStreetMap carto, routing service, osmand, etc.)
- is used on several continents and not just in a limited geographic area (otherwise it shouldn’t appear on the global map features list)
- has a definition and it is (largely ) undisputed
More information about the Tagging