[Tagging] Keys to which new values can be added without a proposal: craft=, shop=, building=, office=, sport=?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 21:18:40 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 31. Jul 2019, at 14:46, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> My thought was that we could clarify that certain types of new
> features can be added to the Map Features pages without meeting all
> those characteristics (shops, offices) but that other types shouldn't
> be added without discussion.

I’m unsure about the map features page, although I occasionally pass by I have not really been using it for many years. My idea about it is that it is an introductory or summary page to explain the tagging system in principle, essentially aiming at newbies, so it shouldn’t be too long (which it clearly is at the moment). For finding tags I would recommend taginfo and the wiki search.

Cheers Martin