[Tagging] A modest proposal to increase the usefulness of the tagging list

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 2 21:35:30 UTC 2019

Maybe we don't hold discussions on the list, but only have them on the
discussion page of the proposal?

Post to the list to say:
Title: Proposal re xxxxxxxxxxxx

I've come up with a proposal for xxxxxxxxxxxx

Link: yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Possibly include a brief synopsis of the proposal, but that should be on
the proposal itself, so maybe not required?

Then everybody comments on the discussion page.

That page could get quite long, but should also be able to be laid out so
that comments are grouped together
Part A
My explanation
    Your comment
          My reply
                Their comment
                         Your response
                               My amendment
Part B
My explanation
      Etc

2 weeks later, reply to your own original post to say "Voting now open -
link xxxxxxxxxxxxx"

Carrying on with that idea, if you've come up with possible changes to an
existing tag, then post as

Proposed changes to xxxxxxxxxx

Brief explanation

Link

So if anybody is interested in telephone lines, underground waterways,
police facilities etc, they can go to that page & discuss it, but if
they're not, they don't!

The mailing list should then become a concise index of what proposals are
going through.

Would that all work?

Thanks

Graeme