[Tagging] refugee camp

Jmapb jmapb at gmx.com
Fri Jun 7 15:11:03 UTC 2019

On 6/6/2019 5:27 PM, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:

>     I'd suggest something like social_facility=temporary_housing.
>

> To me, social_facility doesn't quite cut it for "refugees". Refugees
> strike me as people fleeing from war / massive natural disaster -
> social_facility comes across as small scale for homeless people /
> women's refuge sort of thing?

Browsing through the values of social_facility:for, it's a lot more
diverse than just victims of abuse and poverty -- and
social_facility:for=refugee(s) has hundreds of uses. But you definitely
have a point about scale -- some of these camps house over a hundred
thousand people. That's on the scale of a small city -- a community, not
a facility. So maybe place=refugee_camp is a better solution.