[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:golf=cartpath

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 01:43:09 UTC 2019

> if I want all the path in a park, I create a propal with park=path ?
> then forest=path ? and so on with all "this object is inside this one"

That's a theoretical risk and I wouldn't support adding any such tags,
but in this case there is already a well-used key "golf=*" for golf
course features such as greens, holes, bunkers, etc, and golf cart
paths in a golf course could be considered part of this system of
tags.

> I have the impression that the only purpose is to validate a bad preset
> and we 'll have again a dual tag,

The ID presets now add highway=path (or =service? I forget) when
golf=cartpath is selected, so this should not be a major issue.

The current proposal requires that highway=* be used along with this tag.

Some mappers might forget to add the highway tag, but since the
feature will not render on the main tile layer (Openstreetmap-Carto
style) or in most other map styles, this should give a hint that
something is missing.

Joseph