[Tagging] refugee camp

Jan S grimpeur78 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 11 15:39:13 UTC 2019

I have my doubts whether place=town is the appropriate tag for a fenced living area, where people are obliged to live. Why wouldn't a big prison be place=town then, too (just have a look at https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palmasola)?

>I'm not sure which approach would be better between social_facility,
>amenity or what have you, but any tourism-related tag definitely will
>not
>work.

My idea of a refugee camp is that there's some kind of social service, either public or private, like food distribution, medical attention, maybe housing or tents being provided by the government, UNHCR, or whomever. Would anything like that apply to the camps in Thailand you've described? If yes, I wouldn't have issues with using social_facility...