[Tagging] lanes = 0

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 07:11:48 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 13. Jun 2019, at 04:59, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> There are a few uses of lanes=0... I would think these are errors. Even if unmarked a road would have at least one lane otherwise it is not really a road.

according to the current definition requiring markings for a lane, one could read lanes=0 meaning no marked lanes.

Personally I would prefer a more inclusive definition which requires for lanes to be recognizable, which could be either through lane markings or through traffic observation (if the vehicles drive in two lanes it is a 2-lane road also in absence of road markings).

Cheers, Martin