[Tagging] shop=cannabis including medical cannabis

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 18:12:01 UTC 2019

I strongly agree that the Wiki should be updated to include the tags
already in use for medical and recreational use of marijuana. I'm don't
understand why the Wiki authors made it so restrictive in the first place.

I also agree that these dispensaries are merely special purpose shops and
not pharmacies. Furthermore, in the U.S. normal pharmacies do not, AFAIK,
sell cannabis. I suggest:

cannabis:medical=yes/only
cannabis:recreational=yes/only

Using these optional tags, shops that sell only medical or only
recreational cannabis can be better distinguished.

Also, agree that the verbiage about Colorado could be removed.

Thanks,

Dave

On Fri, Jun 14, 2019 at 9:49 AM Jmapb <jmapb at gmx.com> wrote:

> On 6/14/2019 1:15 PM, Tobias Zwick wrote:
> > Wouldn't medical cannabis be sold in pharmacies?
>
> The world is vast and diverse, so I imagine the answer is yes. But in
> the places I map most (USA), medical cannabis is sold in single-purpose
> shops called dispensaries, which do not stock any other medicines.
> Calling them pharmacies would be a form of "troll tagging."
>
> (Of course a pharmacy that does sell cannabis, wherever and whenever
> that exists, could be tagged cannabis=yes or cannabis:medical=yes.)

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand