[Tagging] man-made missing-manhole mistery

Joseph Eisenberg joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 23:15:50 UTC 2019

The page https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:manhole implies that
manhole=drain is for manholes that provide access to an underground
"surface water drain for removing rainwater", so they should not be
the opening or grate for water.

However, I don't know if this is how the tag is actually used. It
would be good for someone to download the instances in their area and
and check vs aerial imagery or survey.