[Tagging] Deprecation of non-approved values for diplomatic=?

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 00:11:32 UTC 2019

On 15/06/19 08:57, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> Some people disapprove of editing a database object without checking
> if it still exists, because an edit implies that you have confirmed
> that the information about the feature is still correct.

I usually check on a web page, most of them have a government web page giving details.

> Back to the original question: should diplomatic=honorary_consulate
> and the related tags be marked as deprecated on it's wiki page and on
> the Key:diplomatic page?

No. Far too few uses to determine what would 'win out'.

> On 6/15/19, marc marc <marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Le 14.06.19 à 21:26, Lionel Giard a écrit :
>>> we need an human review
>> I wonder what the added value to make a human review for changing
>> diplomatic=honorary_consulate
>> into
>> diplomatic=consulate + consulate=honorary_consulate

I see no advantage. But then I seldom use the services!

Possibly the services offered are so similar that when you want that service you are only interested in any type of consulate?

Need Alans expertise here?
If no one else has any idea I'll try to track him down.