[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

Manuel Arteaga manuel57432997 at gmx.com
Mon Jun 17 22:31:40 UTC 2019

I've tried to look up how to tag these “dog parking spots”, but I don't know a concise name for them.

To elaborate: in the entrance of some shops, chemists' and other amenities in Spain, you can find hooks in a wall, under a sign with a dog icon. Clients may leash their dogs to these hooks and make them wait while they're doing their business inside, and then pick them up later.

You can find an example in Google Street View, matching node https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/2008045504

----
3 Rúa Perbes, Ferrol, A Coruña, Spain

https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4916092,-8.2158111,3a,15y,297.18h,81.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1swsEBvl4NJMGTRS3vaeHQJg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
----

(The sign reads “I'll wait here”.)

The closest tag scheme I found in the OSM wiki was dog=yes/no/leash, but none of those values are applicable unless I create a separate node for the hooks, which seems needlessly complex.

Do you know of any accepted scheme? If there isn't, do you have any ideas? I was thinking of proposing something like dog=entrance.