[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Jun 18 10:16:48 UTC 2019

> On Jun 18, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Are there any objections to man_made=hitching_point? I think it will be a little used item.

If you search for "dog leash hitching post" you find a lot of different kinds of things - and all of them look like something a horse could accidently destroy - and would never keep them in such a spot if they yank if spooked.

Just like we have "bridleway" distinct from footway, I don't think we should use "Hitching post", as it implies something to be used by hoses.

Man_made=pet_hitching_point would be my suggestion.

All the new Lawson convenience stores in Japan have one mounted outside, and many pet parks also have them as well.

I will look up their brand name to provide more info. I have dejavu about this, as I think I did this before for OSM.

I also assume there is little overlap between these two features - one meant for horses near a stable and one found at a suburban dog park or busy shop.

I agree that it might not get used very much at all, but I would separate something meant to secure a dangerous animal the size of a car and and something you walk on a leash and could carry in your arms.

Javbw