[Tagging] Designated spots for dogs to wait

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 10:37:40 UTC 2019

On 18/06/19 20:16, John Willis via Tagging wrote:
>> On Jun 18, 2019, at 9:46 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Are there any objections to man_made=hitching_point? I think it will be a little used item.
> If you search for "dog leash hitching post" you find a lot of different kinds of things - and all of them look like something a horse could accidently destroy - and would never keep them in such a spot if they yank if spooked.
>
> Just like we have "bridleway" distinct from footway, I don't think we should use "Hitching post", as it implies something to be used by hoses.
>
> Man_made=pet_hitching_point would be my suggestion.
>
> All the new Lawson convenience stores in Japan have one mounted outside, and many pet parks also have them as well.
>
> I will look up their brand name to provide more info. I have dejavu about this, as I think I did this before for OSM.

I think that was for horses.. I came up with one for a pub/cafe/bakery  IIRC.

> I also assume there is little overlap between these two features - one meant for horses near a stable and one found at a suburban dog park or busy shop.
>
> I agree that it might not get used very much at all, but I would separate something meant to secure a dangerous animal the size of a car and and something you walk on a leash and could carry in your arms.

You have not seen large dogs then. A relatives dog would pull my arm off running up hill .. and it was not large...

Bruny Island now has laws that cats must be on leashes or restrained inside a car outside their property. Could mean that cats will need hitching too.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-06-12/bruny-island-introduces-strict-new-cat-laws/11202024