[Tagging] product of a landuse=vineyard

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 19 17:44:53 UTC 2019

Le 19.06.19 à 17:50, Martin Koppenhoefer a écrit :
> Am Mi., 19. Juni 2019 um 16:48 Uhr schrieb marc marc :
>>     The question that arises is the tag to link the vineyard to the wine.
>>     I'm thinking about a tag like for:product=* set on a landuse=vineyard
>
> Can you explain what you mean with "the wine"?

some vineyards have a sign that says "here grapes are produced
for xyz wine"
the name indicated is often the corresponding pdo product.
PDO=protected designation of origin

> Is this about the grape variety?

no (species taxon genus may be used for this)

> Or the name /brand of the winemaker?

sometime, but not all landuse=vineyard are owned by a winemaker.
so the brand of the winemaker is not a brand for the landuse=vineyard
moreover, the same vineyard can be linked to many different brands
of wine, the aim is not to reach this level of detail

> you cannot see from the vineyard which
> kind of process will be use to make the wine

except if it's the goal of the sign the mapper want to add in osm :)
the same thing exists for cider, cheese, foie gras, ham.

another idea: network=name of the PDO product

Regards,
Marc