[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - (Feature Name)

Violaine_Do violaine_osm at posteo.de
Thu Jun 20 00:40:38 UTC 2019

In the main wiki page referencing those tag propals, Global Healthsites
Mapping Project indicates the use of electricity tag which is a proposal
for now. It seems interesting for me to consider also :
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:electricity

for those who would have this time.

Thks

On 19/06/2019 12:55, marc marc wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Le 19.06.19 à 22:17, Mhairi O'Hara a écrit :
>> Hello Tagging Mailing List,
> imho you request too many comment in one email,
> the thread 'll soon become unmanageable
>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:staff_count:doctors
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:staff_count:nurses
> there is a difficulty in using osm for volatile data: should the value
> in osm be changed each time a staff member is on vacation? or should
> the definition of the tag be changed to say that it describes the
> average value outside of a particular event? but in this case, if the
> amenity double its staff temporarily for an event, how will the user
> know this since the average value does not take it into account ?
>
> for the tag itself, a more common namespace would have been
> doctors:count or doctors:avg:count (or :capacity if it's about
> the capacity)
>
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:operational_status
> amenity=toilets for a closed toilets is an exemple of bad tagging.
> see
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Proposed_features/Tag:operational_status#Shares_the_same_problems_as_the_old_styles_of_using_disused.2Fabandoned
> but the tag itself is an improvement for "not fully closed" amenity.
>
>> [4]
>> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:health_amenity:type
> please check the approved and 10x more used
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:healthcare
> what's new/diff in your propal ? the previous propal said
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Healthcare_2.0#What_healthcare.3D.2A_is_lacking
> but you are talking about taginfo usage but nearly all of them
> have already a "more in used tag"
> you also said "speciality medical equipment", but some of them aren't
> an equipement (psychologist, dentist,...) so it's very unclear what
> you want todo, just valid the tag without any value ? bad idea.
> show the need that existing tag miss, not an "openbar" rational.
>
> Regards,
> Marc

Violaine_Do