[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:staff_count:nurses

Philip Barnes phil at trigpoint.me.uk
Thu Jun 20 17:55:16 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-06-20 at 17:27 +0900, Joseph Eisenberg wrote:
> 'I would think that the bed count would be a reasonable guide for the
> staffing levels.'

Not really, a typical hospital is far more than in-patients.

They will typically run out-patient departments, clinics, A & E, out of
hours GP services. Beds will account for a relatively small number of
Doctors/Nurses.

The hospital will be where you go be sent for tests required by your
GP, x-rays etc.

Doctors and Nurses can work at different hospitals, some out-patient
clinics will operate in different hospitals on different days and
different clinics will use the same space on different days.

In the UK I would assume the numbers employed would be quoted per trust
(local group of hospitals), rather than by individual hospital.

Phil (trigpoint)