[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Tag:staff_count:nurses

Graeme Fitzpatrick graemefitz1 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 22:02:28 UTC 2019

On Thu, 20 Jun 2019 at 18:30, Joseph Eisenberg <joseph.eisenberg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 'I would think that the bed count would be a reasonable guide for the
> staffing levels.'
>
> I agree, this is a useful and easier to maintain number that shows the
> capacity of the inpatient service at a hospital, and it would be
> easier to check than the number of nurses.

But would this number of beds still need to be broken up into Emergency,
Maternity, ICU, CCU etc, or in an emergency, would a bed be a bed,
regardless of which Department it usually belongs to?

Carrying on from that, particularly with emergencies in developing
countries, such as the Ebola epidemic in Africa, would beds be beds? This
hospital is posted as having 100 beds, but wouldn't there be "500" patients
in there, with every real bed in use, all the tables in the staff dining
room, stretchers along the corridors & so on?

Thanks

Graeme