[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 15:40:35 UTC 2019

Am Fr., 21. Juni 2019 um 17:09 Uhr schrieb Jan S <grimpeur78 at gmail.com>:

> If these sockets are typically located at caravan parking spots in
> campgrounds, wouldn't it be sufficient to add a sub-tag to the proposed tag
> tourism=camp_pitch? Btw, voting for that tag is underway until 28 June
> here:
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Tag:tourism%3Dcamp_pitch

they may be located there sometimes, but often I have seen they are simply
putting an extension cord from whereever there is the installed plug, to
the pitch where power is needed. For camping sites it may make more sense
to generally state availability of power, because it doesn't depend (only)
on static outlet positions. Of course you will often have the situation
that some areas may have electrical power and others not (or only if you
are a group of 100 people and requiring it).

Cheers,
Martin