[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 18:59:24 UTC 2019

Hi

Le ven. 21 juin 2019 à 16:18, Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> a écrit :

> On Fri, 2019-06-21 at 15:49 +0200, Jan S wrote:
> > Would such a tag fit for e-car charging stations, too, or can we
> > already tag those? These charging stations basically provide
> > electricity for money, too, don't they?
> We already map those see
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity=charging%20station?uselang=en
>
> Slightly different in that you would navigate to one if you need to
> charge your car. You would not go to a campsite to charge your phone,
> but power can be a consideration when choosing somewhere to camp.

We have to be sure to don't confuse sites vs devices : a charging station
may have several power supplies with different capacities and standards.

As I understand above proposal, such a power supply would have a single
voltage, socket standard and current capacity (additionnaly a single fare
policy).

This would be great to have a single tag for power supplies, including
e-vehicle charging station, camp sites and for outside markets
Cities often roll out some supplies in streets to feed fridge trucks or
electric ovens

Capacity and usage capabilities may be given in other keys than amenity=*

All the best

François