[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 21 16:03:34 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-21 14:18, Michael Brandtner via Tagging wrote:

> I'm thinking about (and in fact, have already used about two times) a new tag: _amenity=power_supply_. It is meant for mapping places where you can get electrical power for a fee. They can be found at camping grounds and harbours. They have sockets you can use to get power and you can pay with a special card that you can buy at a shop (or maybe sometimes with credit cards or even coins, I'm not sure about that).

When it comes to tagging the socket type, please use an existing
standard such as the IEC type letters. Make sure to use the code for the
socket, not for the plug; some combinations have a measure of
cross-compatibility, and you don't want to mix that up in the tagging
for the socket. A few examples: the UK, Ireland, Malta, Singapore (at
least) use Type G, in France/Belgium it is type F, in the Netherlands it
is type E.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AC_power_plugs_and_sockets

For higher-power connections, the standard to follow is IEC 60309:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEC_60309