[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 12:59:37 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> Am 21.06.2019 um 14:18 schrieb Michael Brandtner via Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org>:
>
> I'm thinking about (and in fact, have already used about two times) a new tag: amenity=power_supply. It is meant for mapping places where you can get electrical power for a fee. They can be found at camping grounds and harbours. They have sockets you can use to get power and you can pay with a special card that you can buy at a shop (or maybe sometimes with credit cards or even coins, I'm not sure about that).

this could be differentiated by voltage and detailed with plug types (there’s already a scheme from the vehicle charging stations).
Eg. for usb outlets for mobile phone charging, bicycle charging, etc.

Not sure the Ampere are interesting as well.

If there’s a fee or not should not be implicit, there is the “fee” tag for this.

Cheers, Martin