[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

marc marc marc_marc_irc at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 01:24:50 UTC 2019

https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag%3Aamenity%3Ddevice_charging_station

 >  amenity=charging_station <> amenity=power_supply

some normal electrical outlets allow cars to be charged
and some charging terminals use normal outlets.

I think we're gonna to do it in two proposals:
- get amenity=power_supply adopted
- try to harmonize how the type of socket/plug is described.
socket key is probably the most successful but for charging stations,
the information is missing if it is a plug or a plug at the end of a
cable on the terminal side.