[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 00:58:33 UTC 2019

On 22/06/19 19:16, Colin Smale wrote:

> On 2019-06-22 10:20, Michael Brandtner via Tagging wrote:
>
>> I've found this Wikipedia page:
>> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorepower
>> There is no shore power tag in OSM yet. But now I'm uncertain if we
>> should also make a difference between shore power and power supply
>> for other uses.
>
> The (intended) usage is a separate concept from the mechanical and
> electrical characteristics of the socket/supply. How about
> usage=shore_power or usage=vehicle_charging as a start? Shore power
> for campers will inevitably be used to recharge large batteries, but
> maybe not the traction batteries if it's electrically propelled.

+1 to separate the usage from the item.

'Shore power' is not at battery voltage. The vast majority will be for
smaller ships/boats and will be similar to normal domestic power,
probably with some weather proofing. In Australia the camp site power
connections could well be the same connection. Only large international
ocean gong craft would have power requirements that are larger than a
domestic household would require larger connections. Aircraft too can
have an external electrical power connection.