[Tagging] Idea for a new tag: amenity=power_supply

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Jun 22 09:16:25 UTC 2019

On 2019-06-22 10:20, Michael Brandtner via Tagging wrote:

> I've found this Wikipedia page:
>
> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorepower
>
> There is no shore power tag in OSM yet. But now I'm uncertain if we should also make a difference between shore power and power supply for other uses.

The (intended) usage is a separate concept from the mechanical and
electrical characteristics of the socket/supply. How about
usage=shore_power or usage=vehicle_charging as a start? Shore power for
campers will inevitably be used to recharge large batteries, but maybe
not the traction batteries if it's electrically propelled.