[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - amenity=power_supply

Paul Allen pla16021 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 11:55:23 UTC 2019

On Tue, 25 Jun 2019 at 12:35, Michael Brandtner via Tagging <
tagging at openstreetmap.org> wrote:

> I've now rewritten the whole proposal. To prevent overlap, the idea is now
> to incorporate all devices that provide electrical power under the same
> main tag. A problem I have not solved yet is how to incorporate the
> sub-tags of the tags that would be marked as deprecated  (mainly
> amenity=charging_station).

You may find some people are unhappy with you saying that this will replace
other tags, and
you'd gain more acceptance if you said it was an alternative to those tags
which you hoped
would eventually become more widely used than the other tags. Or not: there
are people
who hate the idea of synonyms.

Overall, though, I think it's a step forward.

--
Paul