[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - amenity=power_supply

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Jun 25 23:38:38 UTC 2019

On 25/06/19 21:32, Michael Brandtner via Tagging wrote:
> I've now rewritten the whole proposal. To prevent overlap, the idea is
> now to incorporate all devices that provide electrical power under the
> same main tag. A problem I have not solved yet is how to incorporate
> the sub-tags of the tags that would be marked as deprecated  (mainly
> amenity=charging_station).
>
> Am Samstag, 22. Juni 2019, 17:41:08 MESZ hat Michael Brandtner via
> Tagging <tagging at openstreetmap.org> Folgendes geschrieben:
>

> Thank you for your comments so far. I've now written a proposal.
>
> https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/amenity%3Dpower_supply
>

> The definition (wording can surely be improved):
> " A place where you can get electrical power."

"A connection point to obtain electrical power"???

Not 100% with amenity=power_supply either...

amenity=electrical_connection ??? Don't know.

------------------
Different usage cases?
I think these will be clear from the type of sockets present, and there
are multiple use cases.
A normal house hold socket might be used to charge a car (slowly) or
power a laptop computer or charge a camera battery.

I would avoid this issue.

Tags that could be usefull in combination:
There is no mention of voltage and frequency both established tags and
may be of use.

Current is not an established tag, amperage is 'in use' .. but I would
prefer 'current' as that is more commonly understood.