[Tagging] Hiking logbooks

Kevin Kenny kevin.b.kenny at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 13:47:04 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 7:48 AM althio <althio.forum at gmail.com> wrote:
> For what it's worth, some previous related discussions:
>
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2016-September/030048.html
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/tagging/2019-January/041817.html

tourism=register looks correct for Peter's case.

As the person who started the second thread above, I still consider it
unresolved. I've been using tourism=register for now and ignoring for
the moment the distinction between "I was here" and "you must sign in
and out."

Thanks to Warin for mentioning 'checkpoint'. I might contemplate
adding that to the summit registers on the fourteen Catskill peaks
that still have them. (The ones that do are all trail-less. If you're
putting in for the patch, the club assumes that if you made it to
those fourteen, you won't have cheated on the other 25 climbs, which
are for the most part much easier. You do submit your personal log, of
course.)