[Tagging] New Tag "Departures" voting results.

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Fri Mar 1 23:27:50 UTC 2019

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 18:02, Leif Rasmussen <354lbr at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like the best way forward now is for a proposal allowing OpenStreetMap data to be tightly integrated with outside sources (such as GTFS) to be created by someone.

+1. To avoid lots of changes, perhaps only set the GTFS link on a
meta-relation where possible, like

>  This would avoid the issues of maintainability in OpenStreetMap.

There is still the concern about GTFS URL changing, which happens
sometimes, but perhaps not as often as schedules in a large city.

> Also, if anyone is interested, I can create a new proposal for adding departures times to ferry routes only, and not to bus / train routes.  This would be easier to maintain, and as far as I am aware, no GTFS exists for ferries.

Just one note - it is possible to have ferry schedules in GTFS. I am
familiar with several cases of these: Berlin city transit ferries;
some ferries in Netherlands in their giant OVapi GTFS file; some
ferries in a Finland; main harbour ferry in Vancouver. You can also
produce your own GTFS for any ferry operation you like (the challenge
is getting people to use it).

It is more a matter of ferries, particularly longer routes, usually
not being operated by public transit bodies that might be more likely
to produce a GTFS feed.

--Jarek