[Tagging] New Tag "Departures" voting results.

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 08:12:07 UTC 2019

On 02/03/19 10:27, Jarek PiĆ³rkowski wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 18:02, Leif Rasmussen <354lbr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It seems like the best way forward now is for a proposal allowing OpenStreetMap data to be tightly integrated with outside sources (such as GTFS) to be created by someone.
> +1. To avoid lots of changes, perhaps only set the GTFS link on a
> meta-relation where possible, like
> https://www.openstreetmap.org/relation/18812
>
>>   This would avoid the issues of maintainability in OpenStreetMap.
> There is still the concern about GTFS URL changing, which happens
> sometimes, but perhaps not as often as schedules in a large city.

So a documented way of including GTFS link in routes?
Routes only, or is there a desire to have this on stops too?

Needs a proposal.

>> Also, if anyone is interested, I can create a new proposal for adding departures times to ferry routes only, and not to bus / train routes.  This would be easier to maintain, and as far as I am aware, no GTFS exists for ferries.
> Just one note - it is possible to have ferry schedules in GTFS. I am
> familiar with several cases of these: Berlin city transit ferries;
> some ferries in Netherlands in their giant OVapi GTFS file; some
> ferries in a Finland; main harbour ferry in Vancouver. You can also
> produce your own GTFS for any ferry operation you like (the challenge
> is getting people to use it).
>
> It is more a matter of ferries, particularly longer routes, usually
> not being operated by public transit bodies that might be more likely
> to produce a GTFS feed.

I would think a proposal for routes (ferry or otherwise) where GTFS is not freely available is also needed.

The other thing picked on it keeping it 'up to date'.
One says a route is out of date for years (why the contributor does not up date it is not stated), so a time table will be even more likely to be out of date.
As these people probably have a GTFS system then a proposal for those who don't have GTFS should remove their objection.
But first there needs to be that GTFS link so they can be happy.