[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Fernando Trebien fernando.trebien at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 23:56:02 UTC 2019

On Fri, Mar 1, 2019 at 6:02 PM Mateusz Konieczny
<matkoniecz at tutanota.com> wrote:
> Adding emergency=yes is useful only where it adds information to mapper or data consumers.
> I am not going to start spamming it everywhere.

You can set a country-wide default [1]. Otherwise, you only need to
add emergency=yes when any of its parent access tags have a
restrictive value, explicitly added or implicit from highway=*.
Probably the most common scenario would be on highway=pedestrian, and
rarely on highway=footway/cycleway/bridleway/path.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_tags_for_routing/Access-Restrictions

--
Fernando Trebien