[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Sergio Manzi smz at smz.it
Sat Mar 2 00:21:01 UTC 2019

On 2019-03-02 00:59, Graeme Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Being picky, but (at least out here) they're not exempt, they're just allowed to break them :-) eg in an emergency, an ambulance can go through a red light, but if they cause an accident by doing so, the driver will be charged (& they have been)

Sorry, but I'm inclined to categorize the above as BS, or "fake news", if you prefer, until you provide evidence (in which case I'll apologize and eat my words).

In every street code I know of, emergency and law enforcement vehicles with alarm and light turned on HAVE PRECEDENCE on the traffic, regardless the status of traffic lights, with all the legal implications that derive from that.

Sure, an ambulance driver who has caused an accident will be investigated, but NOT for having burned a red traffic light (/they'll asses if he/she was DUI and stuff like that.../)

Sergio