[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Sat Mar 2 09:12:54 UTC 2019

Boys, this will vary by legal jurisdiction. These comments are valueless unless placed in context.
Here in NL and as far as I know also in the UK,  blue lights and sirens in your mirror are also no excuse for your own driving by the way, so you must not break any rules or otherwise drive dangerously to facilitate the emergency vehicle. Is that the same where you are?
In NL police have a blanket exemption for all traffic rules in the execution of their duty. In the UK there is a fixed list of exemptions, and driving the wrong way down a one way street is not one of them, for example.