[Tagging] What is a conscription number (addr:conscriptionnumber)?

Tobias Zwick osm at westnordost.de
Sun Mar 3 13:41:00 UTC 2019

Thank you for the documentation. I read it, and it is clear to me.

Maybe it'd be good to further stress out how housenumber relates to
conscription- and streetnumber by giving an example:

  addr:streetnumber + addr:street = addr:housenumber + addr:street

  addr:conscriptionnumber + addr:place = addr:housenumber + addr:place

Conscriptionnumber explicitly refers to the place, streetnumber
explicitly refers to the street. And only in places where both numbers
exist alongside each other, it is necessary to use these tags.

Anyway, one important point I want to make is that there are many more
places than only in Czechia and Slovakia where the housenumbers relate
to the place, not the street, because streets in small(er) villages
often have no name, at least to my experience in South East Asia but I
bet this is somewhat universal.

----

Provisional numbers are a different type of conscription numbers
assigned to temporary, recreational buildings (etc). See § 31 zákona
128/2000 Sb [1] for Czech Republic.

Tobias

[1] https://zakonyprolidi.cz/cs/2000-128#f2024753