[Tagging] Clarification unclassified vs residential

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Sun Mar 3 19:20:48 UTC 2019

"I would have expected the first road be rendered not like the 3 last roads,
those last 3 roads should have been rendered the same as they look the same"

Is it tagging or rendering discussion?

Because as far as as rendering is concerned you can already do that, just
use surface/lanes/oneway tags.

In general highway=* tag is not about how road looks like, it is rather about its
importance in road system (with sole exception of highway=motorway).

It is hard to be sure without real proposal but I am not fan of tags like
looks_like=FR_urban_motorway or road_class=UK_motorway

And I am against tags like importance_local=5 or road_level=1.
Numeric values in tracktype=* were a mistake, it is really hard to remember
what is the difference between tracktype=grade3 and tracktype=grade4.

Mar 3, 2019, 7:02 PM by djakk.djakk at gmail.com: