[Tagging] Mapping curb (kerb) lines as the home of curb, parking, etc information

yo paseopor yopaseopor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 14:30:10 UTC 2019

It is the same story again and again.

-First was the node and ways. And some classification . It was not enough
-Second arrived relations. but when you want to specify more..it is not
enough
-Then it was other tags like classification, lanes, sidewalks...  it is not
enough if you want to make all the details.
-Then arrived the area mapping to make it more realistic. But only for some
items as sidewalks.
Congrats , now we need the detail of a kerb drawed as an area.

I think best way at first is using the same tagging we have for kerb
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:kerb
https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/search?q=kerb#keys

Then...you know you will need more tags...cuz it is not enough ;)
PD: don't map for the render (instead it would be OSM official's one). All
real info is welcomed

Salut i mapes
yopaseopor