[Tagging] Mapping curb (kerb) lines as the home of curb, parking, etc information

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:43:03 UTC 2019

sent from a phone

> On 4. Mar 2019, at 17:28, Nick Bolten <nbolten at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Putting aside the preexistence of barrier=kerb + kerb=* on lines, do you mean we should put kerb=* on a sidewalk line, a road line, or both?

I would prefer a dedicated way for the kerb, and would not tag it on the road highway. Also using a node at the intersection of the kerb with the crossing footway/cycleway (at crossings) seems safe.
Eventually it could be considered adding kerb information on a sidewalk way (as the lesser evil).
On a road way the resulting fragmentation would be undesirable and the kerb information belongs more to the sidewalk than to the road way (IMHO).

Cheers, Martin