[Tagging] "satellit"

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 22:20:52 UTC 2019

> I would expect the "uplink" information to be relevant, as most
> satellite antennas are used for receiving only (those private tv
> reception antennas).
> Do not counter this with "not sufficiently relevant for mapping", as
> you'll see people will likely tag it ;-)
>
> Subtagging (or a property) seems better for the "uplink" information,
> because it doesn't require people to know the details in order to map
> something, I agree.

+1 to having uplink/downlink' as a sub tag. Actually I think Tx/Rx
(transmit/receive/transceiver) are better as that can be used on
terrestrial antennas and has more detail. And yes these would need some
knowledge to tag correctly for some installations. These can be seen as
a property of the antenna, But I would not use the words 'type',
'property',

The disk is technically not the antenna, it is a reflector.

See https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/antenna:use
for a proposed collection of tags

  * antenna:application =
    mobile_phone/broadcast_radio/broadcast_television/citizens_band/amateur_radio/radar/*
    to state the application of an antenna’s signal is put.

  * antenna:propagation =reception/transmission/two_way to denote the
    direction of the signal.

  * antenna:configuration =
    monopole/dipole/yagi/log_periodic/horn/curtain/helical/phased_array/loop/*
    To state the antenna configuration.

  * antenna:polarisation = vertical/horizontal/dual/circular/* to denote
    the signal polarisation.

  * antenna:reflector = dish/wire_element/wire_screen/* To state the
    antennas reflector – if it has one.

  * antenna:cover = radome/* To state the antennas protective cover – if
    it has one.