[Tagging] leisure=common replacement for public areas with some trees

Mateusz Konieczny matkoniecz at tutanota.com
Tue Mar 5 10:13:46 UTC 2019

Mar 5, 2019, 9:00 AM by mkyral at email.cz:

> Typically a small areas in the city between apartment buildings. These areas are not official parks, gardens or grass. It is just a green accessible for everoyne. So we can say it is a *public* or *common* green.

So far I usually tagged such places as follows:

Made sure that it is within landuse=residential (as it is a residential area)
Mapped physical features (leisure=playground, natural=tree, landuse=grass, highway=footway etc)

Maybe one may also add access tag to landuse=residential to tag it as a public?
AFAIK this is not commonly done at this moment, but I see nothing wrong with it.